We are inventors. We go past the expected and thrive in the unexpected. We hunt for the big idea; the one that catapults business, beats the competition and sets record-breaking ROI.
We are creators. The best ideas were never born within white-washed walls and cubicle farms, so we work in an open-concept space that is designed for collaboration, is filled with creativity, and encourages growth.
We are idea-ists. We believe that ideas are the ultimate currency; constantly questioning the norm and imagining the never-before-seen. At Telegraph, we don’t play the game, we re-invented it.
So the question is: Are you ready to join the team?
Director of Content⌵
Telegraph is seeking a talented and experienced Director of Content to spearhead content strategies and execution for our roster of top-tier clients. This person will collaborate with our creative and social/digital teams to create and execute content and meet KPIs, while ensuring content is on brand across all platforms. Ideally, this person is detail-oriented and adaptable, with an all around love for tech, trends, and culture.
As Director of Content you will be responsible for content strategy and execution, as well as managing the collaboration between creative and social media teams during content concepting and creation, ensuring that all content related work is delivered at the highest quality possible. You will report directly to Seth Griffin, Chief Creative Officer. Additionally you will be expected to foster a culture of creativity that provides the most value to prospective and current clients.
- Provide content strategy and content recommendations to social media team and to Telegraph’s clients
- Immerse yourself and appropriately engage in relevant social media communities
- Provide content strategy education for internal staff and client personnel as needed
- Provide strategic direction for any influencers we engage with to create content for our clients
- Deliver world-class customer service to Telegraph clients by maintaining effective communication at all times
- Work alongside project managers to develop timelines for production and keep all relevant internal teams abreast of project developments and progress
- Provide documentation of all meetings, conference calls, etc., for agency reference
- Be involved in all major account team meetings in which content direction is discussed
- Work in lock-step with the creative and social teams to ensure each client’s content is on brand and platform specific
- Develop or assist in developing creative requests/briefs for initiating assignments internally, as needed
- Manage monthly reporting to track, measure, analyze and optimize content against performance and KPI’s
- Gather insights on content trends specific to each client and their industry, competitors and audiences
- Drive continuous content optimization and improvement based on the insights and reported measurement to the client.
- 5+ years of experience in content creation, content strategy, or similar roles
- Proven track record of growing brands social accounts and driving KPIs for brands through strategic content creation
- Ability to direct creative team in content creation
- Ability to manage social team and collaborate with them to derive insights from content performance and optimize accordingly
- Proven communication skills, including strong written and oral communications
(providing written examples of work)
Preferred (but not required)
- BS/BA degree or higher in communications, business, journalism or related work experience
- Experience with social media software (Sprout Social)
- Basic to intermediate experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional writing and/or editing skills
- A noticeable and professionally appropriate personal brand in the social media space
- Certifications in marketing/advertising for any social or digital marketing platforms