We are inventors. We go past the expected and thrive in the unexpected. We hunt for the big idea; the one that catapults business, beats the competition and sets record-breaking ROI.
We are creators. The best ideas were never born within white-washed walls and cubicle farms, so we work in an open-concept space that is designed for collaboration, is filled with creativity, and encourages growth.
We are idea-ists. We believe that ideas are the ultimate currency; constantly questioning the norm and imagining the never-before-seen. At Telegraph, we don’t play the game, we re-invented it.
So the question is: Are you ready to join the team?
Director of Web Development⌵
If you don’t love where you work, you’re doing it wrong. What can we say? Our people are everything.
We’re made up of the best and brightest – those who operate with efficiency, get more done with less, and spend energy on the things that matter. Because we’re striving to create results that don’t just fix the problem — they turn heads.
We’re looking for a skilled and motivated Director of Web Development to come lead our external dev teams, solve complex technical escalations, and face software performance challenges head-on. This person will be responsible for enhancing the methodology and process for the company, tackling everything from internal team applications and customer facing web properties to mobile apps and site digital installations. If you live and breathe dev-ops, we want you.
- Roll up your sleeves to help the team solve complex problems on a variety of issues from production performance and hosting to new feature architecture and contract terms.
- Serve as a client escalation point, providing business level explanations to complex technical questions and issues.
- Solve internal delivery issues with a root-cause view, helping others understand how to prevent similar issues in the future.
- Work with client representatives and Telegraph’s internal team during project discovery to solicit client’s technical needs
- Work with business development & strategic leadership to focus pursuit of both established and emerging technology propositions that suit company goals
- Define project top level features and underlying requirements and then work with project management to estimate related costs and timetables
- Coordinate with client technology teams and external vendors to ensure proposed solutions are achievable and responsibilities are properly defined between teams
- Evaluate hardware and software platforms for client projects and internal applications with an eye toward both current and future needs
- Continue managing set up of appropriate services, procedure flows and tooling to support the full development lifecycle: code creation, storage, review, deployment and documentation for distributed development teams
- Selecting and managing external development partners, both individuals and agencies
- Mentoring internal development staff in best practices and promote opportunities for skill and career advancement
- Contributing to standard setting for QA of all digital deliverables
- Working with IT team to provide appropriate access to shared resources for both internal and external developers
- Staying abreast of technology advances that impact development practices and serving as the in-house evangelist to communicate those trends to the company
- Promote and document internal processes for issue tracking
The job is just right if you have:
- Experience in an agency environment and the ability to expertly balance the demands of many internal and external clients simultaneously.
- Resource planning skills with a track record of setting and managing priorities judiciously and working with project managers on the same
- Superior analytical and evaluative skills with a passion for being a hands-on problems-solver and triaging escalations real-time.
- Strong communication skills with both internal leadership and technology team and non-technical client partners.
- Vision for best-in-class development processes and previous experience contributing to process improvements.
- An innate curiosity and drive to track relevant industry trends and a history of implementing tools that benefit both internal teams and clients.
- A completed bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or another relevant area and a background in web development.
You meet the technical requirements of this role if you have:
- 3+ years’ experience successfully managing a development or engineering team with a hands-on, motivational approach to managing.
- Proven experience architecting new website builds
- In depth experience in enterprise-class web development, performance improvement, and deployment projects.
What you’ll be working with:
- Hosting: AWS, LiquidWeb, Digital Ocean
- CI/Deployment: Jenkins
- Build Tools: Gulp, NPM
- Version Control: Git/Github
Senior Social Media Manager⌵
We’re not just changing the game here at Telegraph. We’re reinventing it.
We work in an environment where collaboration and communication are key and ideas aren’t just ideas — they become reality. Our unmatched team is made up of inventors, creators, and idea-ists, and we’re looking for someone who fits that motto and can push our social side to the next level.
Telegraph is seeking a talented and driven Senior Social Media / Community Manager to spearhead social media for our roster of top-tier clients. This person will collaborate with our creative and digital teams to create and execute social strategies and meet set KPIs, while communicating each brand’s unique voice across all social platforms. Ideally, this person is detail-oriented and adaptable, with an all around love for tech, trends, and culture.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Stay on the cutting edge of digital platform and social media best practices while producing engaging copy and content in each brand’s unique voice.
- Provide social media counsel and management to Telegraph’s clients and internal teams
- Immerse yourself and appropriately engage in relevant social media communities
- Provide social media education for internal staff and client personnel
- Monitor and manage relationships with relevant influencers within assigned client categories and social media trade
- Deliver world-class customer service to Telegraph clients by maintaining effective communication at all times
- Work alongside project managers to develop timelines for production and keep all relevant internal teams abreast of project developments and progress
- Provide documentation of all meetings, conference calls, etc., for agency reference
- Be involved in all major account team meetings in which project direction is discussed
- Work in lock-step with the creative team to ensure each client’s brand is being effectively communicated on social media across all mediums
- Develop or assist in developing creative requests/briefs for initiating assignments internally, as needed
- Be actively involved in execution of social content in collaboration with other brand teams and partners
- Concept and write content supporting client business goals
- Manage social promotions & campaigns and track their success (giveaways, etc.)
- Manage monthly reporting to track, measure, analyze and optimize against performance and KPI’s
- Gather insights on social trends, competitor activity and existing brands leveraging digital marketing analytics platforms and social monitoring tools like Google Analytics and SproutSocial.
- Drive continuous optimization and improvement based on the insights and reported measurement to the client.
3-5 years of experience in community management, social media management or similar roles
Proven track record of participating and integrating social media into personal and professional success
Proven communication skills, including strong written and oral communications
Preferred (but not required)
BS/BA degree or higher in communications, business, journalism or related work experience
Experience with social media software (HeyOrca, Sprout Social)
Basic to intermediate experience with Adobe Creative Suite
A noticeable and professionally appropriate personal brand in the social media space